After much planning, we have got back out onto the Marsh to run our first, socially distanced, heritage activity with some of the great volunteers.
We spent 2 days doing a geophysics survey, using a magnetometer. The wind blew, the measuring tapes fluttered and we cursed at hypotenuse(s). Thanks to some incredible feats of endurance by our volunteers we completed the survey of a paddock. We also decided that we needed a mower before tackling the next field! We will return to these fields to investigate the linear earthwork further, so keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates on a future dig. We will share the results soon.