Welcome to the page all about wildlife recording on Romney Marsh!
If you want to get involved with wildlife recording we have a packed schedule of events starting in April 2019. Keep an eye on the things to do page for full details and how to book – coming soon.
There’s also a regular monthly ecology group starting soon if you want to come out with like-minded people and help to record the wildlife of Romney Marsh – details to follow.
Help us to reach our target of 100,000 wildlife records! Plus fill in the blanks for those areas that haven’t been visited.
This map shows what has been recorded and when in every 1km square of Romney Marsh. Click on any square on the map and have a go for yourself. Perhaps it will spark your interest to go and find out more? Get in Touch for help and info on where to go.
Have you already spotted something interesting? Seen a woodpecker in your garden? Spotted a dolphin off the coast? Or perhaps you’ve been carrying out full surveys for years? We want to know about it! Use this handy form to submit your records!
This information is vital to inform conservation efforts and to keep track of how wildlife is doing across the Marsh.
- All observations will be verified and validated by KMBRC and SxBRC prior to inclusion into our databases.
- Any observations that fail verification or validation will not be permitted onto our databases.
- The original observer retains Intellectual Property Rights over any records submitted via this platform.
- By submitting your records you are licencing KMBRC and SxBRC to make the information available to conservation groups, statutory agencies, planners, academics and the general public.
- Wildlife observations may be disseminated onto further biodiversity platforms such as the NBN Atlas and the Global Biodiversity Information Facility.
- Any records marked confidential will not be given out.