Welcome to the Fifth Continent Landscape Partnership Scheme
The Fifth Continent Landscape Partnership Scheme is successfully delivering a broad range of exciting projects across Romney Marsh based around the three themes of Restore, Rediscover and Reclaim. Click on a theme title below to find out more including a list of projects that contribute to the theme.
- Restore theme aims to conserve or restore the built and natural features that make up the distinctive character of the Marsh.
- Rediscover theme seeks to provide opportunities for people to discover, explore and learn about the Romney Marsh landscape and heritage.
- Reclaim theme aims to help people participate in looking after and celebrating the cultural and natural heritage of Romney Marsh.
The live projects are encouraging communities to appreciate more their surroundings and become more involved, whilst protecting and celebrating all that makes the Romney Marsh unique landscape so important and evocative.
This website and associated Facebook social media feed are dedicated to actively promoting and celebrating success in the ongoing delivery and participation in the Fifth Continent Scheme. This is demonstrated through the website and Facebook feed providing regular updates on the delivery of individual projects, together with encouraging participation through our website Things To Do page. The ongoing projects include:
- enabling local people to get involved with exciting programmes of community engagement activities and archaeology, together with making short films.
- delivering restoration and protection of rare habitats including ditches and vegetated shingle, plus working to protect the iconic heritage of the Marsh.
- providing funding for a number of projects including the delivery of species monitoring and a training programme.
Please click the About tab above for more information about the Fifth Continent area.